We are thrilled to say that Earth Toys is a Australian stockist of the gorgeous range of handmade and organic Woodland Creatures of Hazel Village!!
Hazel village was the dream of a woman called Jane Van Cleef. She is a creative crafter and lives in Brooklin USA, in 2010 her dream of creating handmade heirloom quality toys came alive.
Hazel Village are a range of handmade woodland creatures with the most gorgeous little outfits. Beautifully made from organic cotton, they are that special gift to hand down the generations
What i LOVE about Hazel Village
- Beautifully handmade with organic cotton
- The animals come in a great range of unique and super sweet creatures
- They make a special keepsake to be loved for years to come
- I LOVE handmade and these animals have that very special made with love feel to them
- They come with gorgeous and whimsical removable clothing
- Extra dress up clothing like tiger costumes or fairy dress's are available to purchase
- Handstitched and personalised monograms of the childs name available soon
Find our full range of Hazel Village Woodland Creatures here
Hazel Village FAQ
How can I wash the animals?
If your Hazel Village friend gets a little grubby. First, try spot cleaning with a sponge. If that's not enough, try hand washing in hot soapy water. Rinse well, squeeze all the water out, and air dry. If necessary, you can wash your animal in the machine on the most gentle cycle. We suggest dressing it in one of our rompers, to protect their necks and extremities, then placing it in a delicates bag before it takes the plunge. You can machine dry it on low, but be careful - the stuffing may clump.
What are they stuffed with?
We stuff the regular animals with polyfill, which is clean and hypoallergenic, and stays springy for a long time even if washed in hot water. It is naturally fire-retardant, so it doesn't need to be treated with chemicals to comply with toy safety law. The products from our Brooklyn workshop are stuffed with wool. For custom work, we can use either.
Where are they made?
We work with an organic-certified, fair labor factory in India for our regular line. They make small batches, so every one is slightly different. Some special runs are made in our workshop in Brooklyn.