A very special book, with a nature themed poem for every day of the year!
Published in partnership with The National Trust, this is the perfect present for any child or adult to treasure. A keepsake book to hand down through the generations!
By Frann Preston-Gannon & Fiona Waters
Winner of the Waterstones Children’s Gift of the Year 2018, this lavish poetry collection is a perfect present for any age.
I Am the Seed That Grew the Tree: A Nature Poem For Every Day Of The Year, named after the first line of Judith Nicholls’ poem ‘Windsong’, is a beautifully illustrated gift book treasury of 366 animal poems – one for every day of the year, including leap years.
Filled with familiar favourites and new discoveries, written by a wide variety of poets, including John Agard, William Blake, Emily Brontë, Charles Causley, Walter de la Mare, Emily Dickinson, Carol Ann Duffy, Eleanor Farjeon, Robert Frost, Thomas Hardy, Roger McGough, Christina Rossetti, William Shakespeare, John Updike, William Wordsworth and many more, this collection of daily poems is the perfect poetry anthology for children (and grown-ups!).
Whether you are 8 or 88, you’ll find poems to share at the beginning of the day, or at bedtime, or just to dip into whenever you might like.
- Red Magazine Big Book Award Children’s Illustrated Book of the Year 2019
- Winner of the British Book Design and Production Award’s Children’s Trade 0 to 8 Years Award 2019
- With sumptuous details including cloth binding, full colour illustrations throughout, textured paper jacket, ribbon marker and head and tail bands.
Shop With Confidence!
When you shop at Earth Toys you're shopping with a family business in a real Traditional Toy Store. EST since 2011
- We send your orders with care and within 24hrs ( next business day on weekends)
- We LOVE Gift Wrapping are always here to help you to choose the perfect gift!