As ngua rises, Bunjil soars over mountain ash, flying higher and higher as the wind warms. Below, Birrarung begins its long winding path down to palem warreen. Wilam – home.
Yarra Riverkeeper Andrew Kelly joins award-winning picture book duo Aunty Joy Murphy and Lisa Kennedy to tell the Indigenous and geographical story of Melbourne’s beautiful Yarra river, from its source to its mouth; from its pre-history to the present day. An ode to Australian rivers, the flora and fauna that live on them, and the function they perform as a part of modern day life.
Wilam brings Aboriginal life, culture and language right in to the heart of the city.
- From an award-winning team of the bestselling Welcome to Country, and Yarra Riverkeeper and award-winning author Andrew Kelly
- Honour Book for the 2020 CBCA Eve Pownall Award for Information Books
- Shortlisted for 2020 Environment Award for Children’s Literature : Picture Fiction Category
Shop With Confidence!
When you shop at Earth Toys you're shopping with a family business in a real Traditional Toy Store. EST since 2011
- We send your orders with care and within 24hrs ( next business day on weekends)
- We LOVE Gift Wrapping are always here to help you to choose the perfect gift!