Sensory Play - Top 5 Sensory Play Toys for Young Children
Sensory play stimulates a young child's senses of touch, sight, smell, taste, and hearing. It also encourages movement and balance and has great play value for children!
We have just added a new Sensory Play collection on our online store, with some of our favourite sensory play activities for young children.
Here are some of our Top 5 favourites for Children's Sensory Play!
Fun sensory activity for all ages.
Just add water to these colourful little beads and they expand into large marbles!
These biodegradable Water Marbles come in a variety of fun colours.
Once grown, you can keep your Water Marbles in an airtight container for weeks or they can be re-hydrated once they are dehydrated!
Great for space saving, you can dehydrate them for storage and re-hydrate when you are ready for playtime!
2. Sensory Magic Sand
Magic Sand became super popular a few years ago, and for good reason!
It remains high up on our list of Sensory Play toys for children.
Sensory Magic Sand is perfect for creating designs and models! With endless possibilities for creation, children can use their imagination for hours of creative play using just their hands and/or sand tools.
Playing with Magic Sand is a sensory experience and helps children develop hand-eye coordination and fine motor skills, making this a great activity for the classroom and home.
This sand come in large, re-usable tubs for easy storage!
3. Play Dough
A classic for sensory play which will never go out of style.
This Australian made dough which is 100% safe, non-toxic and washable, makes it ideal for young children and early model making.
- Perfect for playing in a sand tray or bowl of beans or rice, spread the coins under the rice and watch your little ones discover them with the magnetic wand.
- Use the counting coins to explore light and reflection with a light box
- Grab a piece of cardboard and a pen and design your own race track on it, hold the magnetic wand on one side and a see through metal rimmed coin on the other to race the coins!
Clay is a wonderful sensory play experience for kids and adults alike.
Air dry Clay can be used to create jewellery, ornaments and figurines.
No baking is needed, your creations will set hard when left to dry in open air and can be painted and varnished once dry.
- Our Air dry Clay is available in White or Natural colours
- For Older Children to create more detailed you can also purchase Clay Modeling Tools
Check out our New Sensory Play Collection for more sensory play activities.
If you are in Cairns, come into Earth Toys to chat about Sensory Play for your kids.